Join our group on Facebook or Instagram and keep up to date with the drag scene.
We are proud to announce our current board of directors as found below. This group will take all the comments/suggestions into consideration in forming the classes and rules.The board will meet annually to make any changes as needed. Welcome everyone and thanks for being a big part of the future of PSDA.
1) Jeff Guillot- North East Louisiana Sand Drags
2) Mark Herek- Herek Racing Engines
3) Krista Loudermilk
4) Kim Muchmore - K&T Performance
5) Gary Hott - Hott Boys Racing
6) Nick Bennett - Bennett Motorsports
7) Brett Sanderson - ATVDragRacer.com
8) Rick Carroll
9) Joseph Evans - JE Motorsports
LIMITED SINGLES & CVT 4 STROKE TWINS
Single & CVT Twin 4 stroke OEM frame clases:
-Small block 0-540
-Small block 541 and up
-Big Block 0-770
-Big Block 771 and up
(Any frame allowed for the following classes)
Single 2 stroke classes
-Single & Cvt Twin 4 stroke and 2 stroke-Open Limited
LIMITED CLASSES FOR TWINS AND UP
0-1325 non spread bore
triple cvt 0-1325cc
open cc and cvt
Open Cylinder (any cyl or cc)
Rules for limited classes
1)Minimum of 4 bikes per class excluding the open limited.
2)Fuel for the 4 strokes will be limited to a specific gravity of .800.
3)Fuel for the 2 strokes will be limited to a specific gravity of .830.
Time slips must be signed by an official to qualify. A PSDA board member can appoint an official to check fuel and sign tickets. All fuel tests will be conducted randomly and will be subject to visual inspection of the fuel system. Top qualifiers may get tested either before or after their run. There must be enough fuel in the tank to make an adequate test and run down the track. After a pass has been made for either a record attempt or 1st/2nd place the bike HAS to stop at the tech booth for fuel inspection.
4)NO NOS bottles are allowed on the bikes
5)An OEM chassis must consist of the factory main loop. The center of the front spindle cannot exceed 3" past the factory loop. The front and rear MUST be bolted on, no welding allowed. Atleast two or the factory motor mounts must be in place and USED as the motor mounts. The motor used must be brand specific to the frame used.
6)No turbos in limited classes
7)Billet heads, billet cylinders, and any billet cases are not permitted in the 4 stroke OEM frame limited classes.
Single & cvt Twin 4 stroke OEM frame clases:
Single 4 stroke and 2 stroke-
(Any frame allowed)
UNLIMITED CLASSES FOR TWINS AND UP
open cc twin-spreadbore
0-1325 non spread bore
triple cvt 0-1325cc
open cc and cvt
Open UTV (must be of non automobile engine only)
Open Cylinder (any cyl or cc)
Rules for the unlimited classes
(1) All Classes will have a 4 bike minimum except for each "open class" limited to a 2 bike minimum.
(2) Spread bore twins may bump up into the non spread triple class.
(3) Turbo twins may only bump up into the "open cc and cvt" triple class.
(4) UTV's are not allowed in any heads up classes EXCEPT for the Open UTV Class.
(5) An OEM chassis must consist of the factory main loop. The center of the front spindle cannot exceed 3" past the factory loop. The front and rear MUST be bolted on, no welding allowed. At least two of the factory motor mounts must be in place and USED as the motor mounts. The motor used must be brand specific to the frame used.
INDEX AND BRACKET CLASSES
Bracket Open and on Sportsman Tree
3.39 and down
Rules for the index and bracket classes
(1) All classes will have a 4 bike minimum for index. You are allowed to bump up or down.
(2) More indexes may be added, depending on the venue. This will be looked at prior to each individual race.
(3) UTV's will now be allowed in the index classes and bracket classes. All bike rules apply, additionally only 1 rider per UTV, seat belt must be worn, and a helmet.
Kids classes 15 yrs and younger are limited to what e.t. they can run.
13 - 15 can't run faster than 4.0 e.t.
9 - 12 can't run faster than 5.5 e.t.
8 - under can't run faster than 10.0 e.t.
Kids can't run the adult classes. They can run brackets or index. But cannot run faster than required for their age. Kids cannot hold any records, because they are limited to e.t.
Pro Sanddrags Official Rules
All machines must run a non automotive engine...(atv base, snowmobile base, outboard engine, motorcycle base qualifies for approval. Additionally, all bikes must have a working brake on the bike.
1) No drivers are allowed to consume alcohol or drugs during racing. If you are found to be impaired you will be disqualified. Additionally, the rider will be disqualified for 12 months from the date of the incident and banned from the website for 12 months.
2) No burnouts allowed prior to prestaging.
3) No bikes will be allowed for a "clean out" in prestage area consisting of stands or individuals holding the bike off the ground.
4) Records-A record pass may be ran during test and tune, HOWEVER the pass can only be backed up during a qualifying pass or eliminations pass on a race day of the event (to include index and bracket racing). If you feel you are attempting a record pass you MUST notify a track official in the staging lanes so the tower can be aware of the record attempt. Additionally, If you feel you have set a record you MUST go to an official immediately upon the run of the bike. It cannot return to the trailer area. If it is a limited pass a bottle cannot be mounted on the bike. All other conditions related to a limited pass found in the Official Classes will be in effect. The Back up percentage is 2%.
5) Helmets and eye protection must be worn.
6) 5 mph speed limit in the pits
7) A rider can only ride one bike per class...If caught riding 2 bikes, he will be disqualified. Additionally, the rider will be disqualified for 12 months from the date of the incident and banned from the website for 12 months.
8) If a bike breaks, you cannot change bikes after it has qualified...If caught doing so, you will be disqualified. Additionally, the rider will be disqualified for 12 months from the date of the incident and banned from the website for 12 months. Rider must provide a valid drivers license if requested. A valid drivers license is the only form of identification we will accept that shows proof of age.
9) Must be 16 yrs old to run heads up classes, additionally, this age limit is required to hold an adult class record (limited and unlimited classes). You may run in a youth class or index class, however you cannot go faster than your age bracket time allowance to place in the race. If a rider is found to be underage they will be disqualified. Additionally, the rider and or owner will be disqualified for 12 months from the date of the incident and banned from the website for 12 months.
10) No racing in the pits (5mph strictly enforced) If caught, you may be asked to leave without your money back.
11) Must have someone with a bike in staging lanes. Not track officials’ job to keep up with you
12) If you red light, don't move. If you move you are out. If you don’t move, we can check the beams for obstruction. If obstructed by dirt, we will re-run that pair.
13) If a bike breaks down, there is a 3 min wait. If the bike is not there, the race moves on.
14) If a bike crosses the centerline of the track before they get to the finish line, they are disqualified.
15) Two hands must be on handlebars at all times. If a rider is pulling his hand off the handlebar to clutch the bike they may be disqualified.
16)No shorts or sleeveless shirts allowed. Hard sole shoes required.
17)No studded tires allowed
18)Once the bike is pre-staged, No one is allowed to move or push the bike to stage. The driver must be in control. This applies to all riders 13 years of age and up.
19) The rider of the bike must register the bike for the class and must be listed in the tower as the rider of the bike, not the owner of the bike.
20) Long sleeve shirts required as a minimum for arm protection.
21) No dual wheels on bikes.
22) No bicycle brakes. Must be a hydraulic Powersports brake caliper.
23)"Limited" bikes that DO NOT run power adders are not eligible to hold an "Unlimited Record", they are only eligible to hold a "Limited Record".
24)No carbon fiber on the mainframe components. (Steering stem, a-arms, swing arms, front and rear struts, tie rods, brake rotors)
25) Any bike that runs 3.00 and faster is required to have a full leather race suit (pants and coat) along with all other safety equipment.
26) If disqualified by the PSDA, you will not be permitted at a PSDA event during the time you have been disqualified. Furthermore, if you have been disqualified, you cannot break a PSDA record with your bike. during the period of disqualification.
27) All PSDA events will run the classes in the following way; We will run one round of each class before moving on to the next round. We will run one round of all class qualifications and then run a round of elimination in all classes until we reach the last 4 bikes. When all classes are down to 4 bikes we will finish eliminations.
28) Weather Delays and rain out rules; If a race day is canceled due to weather conditions or any other unforeseen issues, the classes for that day will be canceled. We will stay on schedule and run the classes that are scheduled for the next day. If for some reason, at the end of the event we have time to run the classes that were canceled, we will run them in the order they were canceled.